The Head of D&I (and in time the GO! D&I team) will operate across all facets of the business, to lead the journey of making the data and market intelligence the business holds as accurate, effective, and productive as possible, whilst maintaining all associated levels of compliance.
The GO! Network is the fastest growing marketing intermediary of its kind in the UK. Our core business connects in-house marketing leaders with exceptional agency support, across all sectors and marketing disciplines. Moreover, we provide marketers throughout our community with opportunities, including introductions to potential partners, content, events, data & insights, and more.
We're on a mission to be the leading partner to UK brands for maximising the effectiveness of their marketing spend. In essence, we bring great people together to do great things, under our #everydaycounts philosophy.
GO! has ambitious plans over the next 5 years as we look to disrupt and positively influence the brand-agency selection process and relationships. These plans include a presence across the UK and hiring some of the most passionate and commercial professionals in the sector.
As a result, GO! are looking to recruit for a Head of Data & Intelligence to lead across 3 headline areas:
- The accuracy and integrity of all data and associated systems used by the business, to maximise productivity and commercial opportunities.
- The integration of bespoke and open market software and tools to maximise the services and value of the business in relation to data.
- The development of new revenue streams for the business built out of the data and market intelligence that GO! will have access to.
The Role of Head of Data & Intelligence
The ambition at GO! is to have technology and data as the foundation stones of its reputation and commercial success and the Head of D&I will play a leading role in this.
The role will lead on data management, dataflow, and intelligence sourcing, and will build (and execute) a centralised data strategy which reaches into the following areas:
- Working closely with internal Sales & Marketing teams to understand commercial and operational processes as they relate to data, including: internal workflows, data capture, data sourcing and the packaging and presentation of data (internally and externally).
- Ongoing review and audit of existing technology, tools, data and processes with a view to consistently developing & improving efficiency and quality in day-to-day operations.
- Driving a consistent strategy which balances and correctly prioritising quick wins/improvements alongside the longer-term objectives.
- Developing reporting tools to control and demonstrate ROI (direct and in-direct) and progress on all areas relating to data and intelligence to the SMT and Directors.
- Managing relationships with existing 3rd party data and market intelligence partners alongside assessing potential new partners.
- Recruitment, onboarding and leadership of a Data & Intelligence team.
- Longer term development of commercial offerings directly related to market data and intelligence.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience that balances knowledge of best practice (perhaps gained in a larger SME/corporate environment) alongside time spent in a high growth business, where ideally they have played a key role in the maturing of their data and associated processes.
- The profile the business is looking to appoint will be excited by the challenge of owning and growing a strategy and team, and being the lead of on all elements of Data and Intelligence.
- A track record of promotion to a seniority level where the individual is competent and comfortable with leading business change, alongside managing teams, internal stakeholders and budgets.
Current Tools & Platforms (Experience Highly Desirable)
- CRM – Insightly
- Operating System – Microsoft 365
- Financial – Xero & Go Cardless
- BI – Amazon Quicksight
- A broad understanding of data tools, API integrations and software as it relates to data workflows is essential.
Personal Attributes and Ambition
- A diligent professional who prides themselves on personal accountability.
- A personal value set that matches well with the GO! Six core values.
- A work ethic and professional outlook that mirrors the GO! ethos of #everydaycounts.
- Personal ambitions to thrive in a high growth culture and operate at SMT/board level.
What’s on Offer
- An opportunity to join the fastest growing business in its sector in the UK and play a senior role in its next stage of growth.
- An opportunity to set up the function from the very start.
- Flexible working complimented by award winning office space complete with onsite Gym, roof terrace and breakout space.
- Longer term share equity based on performance.
If you have a passion for the marketing and digital sector combined with the required data & Intelligence skills and experience could be just the person we are looking for.
GO! works with some of the most exciting brands and agencies in the UK and if you believe you match the profile above, we'd love to hear from you.
Share your CV and any relevant supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation. You can also find out more about our team and values here.